Monday, January 28, 2008

Good Eatin'

raspberrysalad

I'm sharing a couple tasty things I've made recently. These are not exactly good-looking photos, but they are the best I've got. Above is a salad with mixed greens, gorgonzola, raspberries, pears, pecans, and raspberry vinaigrette (huh, didn't know that spelling). Below is Orange Chicken with Potatoes from the January issue of Real Simple. I've been trying to use my slow cooker more often because it's easy, smells good all day, and yields lots of leftovers. I know I'll be ready for less-cooked food by spring, but we've got a few months of cold to go. Do you have any good recipes?

orangechx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So - how good was the chicken dish? Really good? or pretty good? or ok? 12 cloves of garlic??? jy

Rachel said...

It was good, but not super flavorful (maybe it will be better today). I think I liked it because I'm used to stir-fried chicken that's tougher and we don't usually have onions and potatoes. You could definitely use fewer cloves of garlic if you don't enjoy eating them whole.