Saturday, June 2, 2007

Good Grilling

Tonight we had dinner with friends and made these Turkey Burgers with Grated Zucchini and Carrot from a Real Simple recipe, and they were delicious! You can find the recipe here and I added provolone on top. If you do grill them, like we did (cause they're burgers!), be sure to put down some foil or you will lose your dinner to the coals. After a near fatal start, I came to understand why the recipe says to cook them in a skillet.

We are still enjoying the fiddleheads, so we grilled those in my new grill basket that looks very similar to this one. It was actually my friend's grill basket because we were at their house, but I have the same one. Cathryn and I came across them for $5 at Target last night after talking about them for 2 years. I think what we got may technically be a grill wok, but that's even better! The packaging showed it with shrimp and all kinds of vegetables, so I'm looking forward to trying that.

Happy Birthday, Dad! (Do you even read this?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay...I found fiddleheads at Whole Foods here in West Columbus.
They were very tasty, cooked, as you said, with olive oil, garlic, and sea salt....YUM...good added to a salad...
I was VERY proud that I KNEW what I was buying and KNEW How to cook it properly....YAY, Rachel!
Our fiddleheads came from Or-gon!
Love,Mom Swa